Material Estimating with Blueprints
MARCH 30 2017 / 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM &
MARCH 31, 2017 / 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Preparing an estimate for the purpose of bidding a job is a skill that is essential for contractors, designers and others in the building trades. In this course you will learn to estimate the cost of general conditions, prepare a quantity take off for the materials to be used in the job, and extend unit prices to prepare an accurate bid.
Move your project from blueprints to bids to final construction. Bring the job in on-time and on-budget, which means satisfied clients and maximum profits.
Benefits of attending:
Preferred registration date: March 23, 2017
- Understand how to estimate quantities of materials and labor.
- Obtain the skills you need to provide accurate takeoffs and support to your customers.
- Gain effective costing and pricing techniques to determine the margin needed to win more profitable work.
- Work with lines, symbols, abbreviations, construction mathematic review, +/- dimensions with fractions, area and volume measurements.
- Work with architectural scale, reference lines for sections and details, residential print reading/takeoff for material estimating review of terms and techniques, material take-offs lumber framing, decks, insulation, roofing, siding and wallboard.
- Receive hands-on experience figuring on an actual set of working drawings.
Download a flyer for additional details.
Price includes: lunch and afternoon snack both days, various course materials.