Understanding the Construction Process - From Inception to Completion: Build a Strong Foundation for Your Team
Session 7: Project Compliance and Outside Organizations - Part I
THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2017 / 8:00 AM – 11:00 am
A. Construction Safety 101 - OSHA and Basic Safety Practices:
- Identify and apply the basic elements of an effective safety program to improve your current safety efforts within your company.
- Recognize the most common causes of injury/death in construction and select appropriate measures to eliminate or control them.
- Prepare for an OSHA inspection to determine best practices to effectively handle an OSHA inspection.
B. Department of Labor and Industry:
Learn more about:
This session continues with Part II on April 20 - separate registration:
- Prevailing Wage Act - overview, owner-operators, fringe benefits, certified payroll certificates.
- Act 72 - misclassification of workers as Independent Workers- overview.
- Underground Utility Line protection Act - overview: excavation, POCS ticket.
- Minimum Wage Act/Overtime.
Preferred registration: seven days prior to course date.
- Topics include: Storm water compliance, Jobsite labor activity, Federal/State projects
Download a flyer for a full description of all sessions in this series.
Price includes: course materials, continental breakfast, certificate of completion.
ABC/BIA Member only