Understanding the Construction Process - From Inception to Completion: Build a Strong Foundation for Your Team
Session 8: Project Compliance and Outside Organizations - Part II
THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2017 / 8:00 AM – 11:00 am
A. Environmental and Storm Water:
B. Jobsite Labor Activity:
- Better understanding of the regulatory hurdles that the design engineers face to permit a project.
- Gain a basic understanding of the different type of practices that must be on each project.
- Be able to better judge where value engineering can be applied to help you win projects.
- Be able to judge the regulatory hurdles for any changes you wish to make.
- Understand the legal aspects of various types of picketing.
- Learn the difference between picketing, handbilling and bannering.
- Discover the appropriate use of a two gate system.
- Determine how merit shop contractors can lawfully respond to union organizing activity.
- Gain insights into Pennsylvania politics.
- Get involved in Grassroots and Advocacy to make changes.
- Leave with the knowledge and ability to contact your legislator about issues important to you!
D. Federal/State Projects:
- Gain a basic understanding of some of the differences between private and public work acquisition and construction.
- Understand some of the special considerations when bidding or building a public project.
Topics to be covered:
- Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR)
- Construction Management Agencies
- Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting Systems (CPARS)
- Small Business Reporting/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Construction Quality Management
- Buy American Act
- DGS and PennDOT
- Multiple Prime Contracts
Preferred registration: seven days prior to course date.
Download a flyer for a full description of all sessions in this series.
Price includes: course materials, continental breakfast, certificate of completion.
ABC/BIA Member only