By: Cindy DeWire, Director of Apprenticeship, ABC Keystone
ABC Apprenticeship instructors are ready to start the new school year! All instructors recently attended an Instructor Orientation, during which Kevin Keith, Director of Safety Services, reviewed the Skills Lab safety procedures with instructors to help ensure the safety of all while using the lab for classes. Tom Fasnacht, Shop Manager/Instructor, reviewed the new inventory control and material procurement procedures to stay better organized and efficient. Apprenticeship staff members, Cindy DeWire, Director of Apprenticeship, and Angela Corbisello, Apprenticeship Coordinator, reviewed the Instructor Handbook and Expectations, which include expectations such as utilizing hands-on learning activities in every day class; complete all performance tasks to the best of their ability; and to maintain safety expectations and requirements at all times.
Apprenticeship Committee Chair, Bill Lastinger, General Superintendent, Benchmark Construction Co., Inc., was present and thanked the instructors for their time and dedication to the program and to the apprentices. “I was an instructor at one time, and I know the time and dedication involved. We thank you for your commitment,” said Lastinger.
Cindy DeWire stated, “There are a lot of changes and new opportunities being worked on in the apprenticeship program. We thank all of our instructors for working with us to move our program forward towards the goal of providing the best training and education possible for the apprentices, and therefore, also meeting the needs of their companies.”
Interested in being an apprenticeship instructor? Please contact email@example.com at the Chapter Office.
Thank you to our 2018/2019 Instructors!
- Level 1 – Eric Brubaker – Benchmark Construction Co., Inc.
- Level 2 – Ralph Kautz – Wohlsen Construction Company
- Level 3 – Joe Almoney – Warfel Construction Company
- Level 4 – Tom Fasnacht – ABC Keystone
- Level 1 (2 classes) – Terry Boyer
- Level 2 (2 classes) – APPLY! – 1 or 2 instructors
- Level 3 (2 classes) – 3A Class – Lee Summers – Clark Mechanical Services
- 3B Class – APPLY!
- Level 4 – Drew Doxzon – James Craft & Son, Inc.
- Level 1 – Jeff Morris – Clark, Inc.
- Level 2 – Ty Balmer – H.B. McClure Company
- Level 3 and 4 – Trevan Espenshade – H.B. McClure Company
- Level 1, 2 and 3 – Jordan Keller – Lancaster CTC
- Level 1 – Randy Doxzon – James Craft & Son, Inc.
- Level 2 – Ed Raczka – Triangle Refrigeration
- Level 3 & 4 – Mark Reisinger – Kline’s Services
- Level 1 – Matt Zook
- Level 2 & 4 – Junior Brown – James Craft & Son, Inc.
- Level 3 – Scott Rineer – Frey Lutz Corp.