Contact: Kristi Pronovost
Director of Marketing & Communications
717.653.8106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 9, 2019
(MANHEIM, PA.) Associated Builders & Contractors, Keystone Chapter (ABC Keystone) is excited to announce its 12th articulation agreement. Berks Connections/Pretrial Services is the most recent entity to sign an articulation agreement with ABC Keystone, which will provide their students with six months credit towards any ABC Keystone registered apprenticeship program.
Articulation agreements provide students with an opportunity to increase their construction trade skills prior to enrolling in registered apprenticeship and increases their likelihood of employment with area contractors in need of talent. The construction industry offers a variety of in-demand career opportunities, and these articulation agreements help to start students on their path to successful careers in the industry.
ABC Keystone is currently also providing construction trade education to Ephrata High School students through the Keystone Chapter’s state-registered Pre-Apprenticeship Program. This inaugural group of pre-apprenticeship students will receive six months credit for their twelve-week pre-apprenticeship program.
ABC Keystone is pleased to be serving as a career education resource for area students through its construction workforce development efforts via articulation agreements and pre-apprenticeship.
ABC Keystone’s current articulation agreements and credit offered upon completion:
- Berks Connections/Pretrial Services – 6 months
- Berks County CTC – 1 year
- Cumberland Perry Area Vocational Technical School – 1 year (carpentry and craft laborer)
- Elizabethtown Area High School – 6 months
- HACC – 1 year for a Certificate Program; 2 years with an Associate’s Degree
- Insight PA Cyber Charter – 6 months
- The Janus School – 6 months
- Lancaster County CTC – 1 year
- Penn College of Technology – 2 years
- School District of Lancaster – 6 months
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology – 6 months for a certificate in Facilities Maintenance Technology; 2 years with an Associate’s Degree
For more information regarding articulation agreements, please contact Stephanie Larkin, VP Education, Safety & Workforce Development at email@example.com.
*high resolution photo available upon request
The Keystone Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) is a construction trade association based in Manheim, Pennsylvania, representing nearly 550 construction-related firms. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters nation-wide help members win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which they work. Visit us at www.abckeystone.org.