Updated April 6, 2020
This is an unprecedented and confusing time for business owners. In an effort to provide you with valuable resources that you can use, below is a listing of links that we will continue to update and add to in the weeks ahead. Please check back often for updates. For specific questions that you might have, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Click here for the full Coronavirus section of our website which includes links to resources and updates from ABC Keystone and ABC National.
The information contained in the Coronavirus Update and Resources webpages is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or opinion, nor is it a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney. We encourage you to reach out to your attorneys, accountants, insurers and other parties for advice. For your convenience, you can access a listing of ABC Keystone member associates here.
Supplemental Health and Safety Plan to Address Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 – CLICK to Download
Note: The above is provided as a supplement for your company’s Safety Plans and Procedures. Please consult with your insurance providers and attorneys for advice.
ABC National Information Resources:
- ABC National’s COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- ABC National Webinars: ABC National is providing webinars to help you navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the latest offerings here.
- ABC Emergency Preparedness and Response Resources
- COVID-19 Planning Project Shutdown
- Recommended Best Practices by ABC National Safety & Health Committee
- Coronavirus and the Construction Industry: How to Handle an Inevitable Delay
- Federal Updates
- ABC Newsline
- ABC Twitter
- ABC Facebook
City, State Government and Healthcare Industry Information Resources:
- Watch Live Stream Press Conferences from Governor Tom Wolf
- Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED) – Includes link for applying for a waiver
- Life-sustaining Businesses FAQs from DCED
- Wolf’s Clarification of Essential & Non-essential Businesses
- CLICK HERE for the Most Current List of Exempt Industries
- COVID-19 Resources for Businesses, Communities, and Local Governments from DCED
- PA Department of Health
- PA OSHA Consultation Resources
- Penn Medicine Coronavirus Updates
- Lancaster Chamber Resource Links
- Emergency Planning COVID-19 Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania 811 Information
- Lancaster Chamber Webinars
Federal Government and Healthcare Information Resources:
- Watch Live Stream Press Conferences from the White House
- OSHA Guidance on COVID-19
- OSHA Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements
- Center for Disease Control Information
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Health & Safety Institute COVID-19 Resources
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- World Health Organization
- What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and the Coronavirus
Unemployment Compensation (UC), Worker’s Compensation Information, and Notices:
- PA Office of Unemployment Compensation – Information for Pennsylvania Employees Impacted by COVID-19
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation Filing Materials Checklist for Employees
- Unemployment Compensation Benefits & COVID-19 FAQs for Employees
- Employers & Unemployment Compensation – COVID-19 FAQs for Employers
- Unemployment Compensation Chart from the PA Department of Labor & Industry – provides clarity on frequently asked questions
- Workers’ Compensation & COVID-19 FAQs
- DOL Guidance Regarding the Paid Sick and Family Leave Requirements Under the Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice (FFCRA) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Download the FFCRA Notice Poster
- Layoff Checklist for Employees and Employers
- Health Insurance Options for Laid Off Workers
- Click here for a PA Chamber summary of both Pennsylvania and Federal changes to the unemployment compensation system
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA Loans & Cash Help For Contractors Getting Crushed By Coronavirus
- $100,000 Low Interest Loans Available for Small Businesses
- Click here for information and to apply for a federal Economic Injury Disaster Loan of up to $2 million, including a grant of up to $10,000 available within three days of a successful application.
- Click here for guidance on key business programs in the recently-passed federal financial recovery bill.
- Click here for an explanation of the Paycheck Protection Program to provide loans for small businesses.
- Click here for information on Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program to provide working capital financing to impacted small businesses.
Coronavirus Emergency Relief Legislation:
- Click here to learn about the Senate CARES bill tax provisions.
- Click here to learn about the Senate CARES bill unemployment provisions.
- Click here to learn about the Senate CARES bill small business provisions.
- Click here to learn about the Senate CARES bill distressed industries provisions.
Please consult with your legal/accounting/insurance team for advice. There are restrictions to which you are subject as a result of the acceptance of a mid-sized business loan under the CARES Act.
Department of Labor Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Resources:
- Fact Sheet for Employers
- Fact Sheet for Employees
- DOL Press Release on Guidance Materials
ABC general counsel Littler Mendelson’s analysis of DOL’s guidance.
Additional DOL resources can be found on ABC’s Coronavirus Update webpage.
- Fact Sheet for Employers (Spanish pdf)
- Fact Sheet for Employees (Spanish pdf)
- Poster—Employee Rights
- Posting Requirements—FAQs
- Field Assistance Bulletin—Enforcement Guidance
- March 26 DOL Press Release
- DOL’s WHD COVID-19 and the American Workplace
COVID-19 Toolbox Talks from ABC National:
- COVID19 Overview
- COVID19-Control and Prevention
- CDC Coronavirus Posters for Workplace
- CDC Coronavirus Print Resources
- Supplemental Toolbox Talks COVID-19
- Coronavirus Toolbox Talk
- COVID-19 in Construction Workplace
- COVID-19 Safety Meeting Outlines
- COVID-19 Toolbox Talks for Subs
- Fact Sheet for Pandemics
- Marek Brother Toolbox Talk
- COVID-19 Action Plan
- Pandemic Preparedness – Coronavirus
- Coronavirus – Workplace, School and Home Guidance
- COVID-19 Tool Cleaning Protocols
Mental Health Resources:
- Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention COVID-19 Resources
- Free LivingWorks Start online suicide prevention training available through the Construction Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- Lorman Online COVID-19 Webinars – ABC Keystone Members: Mention Priority code 16007 and discount code T7434343 at time of registration purchase
- 65 Free Tools to Help You Through the Coronavirus Pandemic
- How to Donate Respirators & Other Items to Lancaster-area Hospitals
- From the PA Chamber: “A complete list of in-demand supplies that are needed can be found here. If you are able to assist in this crucial request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions may be directed to Joe Tibbs, President of HAPEvolve, who is coordinating the effort on behalf of HAP. We are urging all businesses that believe they are able to turn their existing supply chain into the PPE output that the health care industry so desperately needs to please contact PA Chamber Government Affairs Director Kevin Sunday at 717 645-2071 or email@example.com.”
Food Banks are in dire need of donations right now. To discover how to provide assistance during this time as many locations can not currently accept in-person drop offs, please see the links below or visit the website of the location nearest you. If you’d like your local food bank website added to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.