Events, Education & Training Calendar
We are passionate about
free enterprise advocacy,
workforce education and training,
career pathway development, and
instilling a safety culture—
in all sectors of the construction industry.
We can customize classes for you at the Chapter training facility or your site!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Safety) or email@example.com (Career Development) for more information.
Please consider using a Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser when registering to maximize functionality.
If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106.
- This event has passed.
Advanced Blueprint Reading
April 6, 2022 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm$450.00 – $605.00
Advanced Blueprint Reading
April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4 & 11, 2022
3:30 pm – 5:30 pm each session
at ABC Keystone
Take Your Blueprint Skills to the Next Level!
All construction industry personnel will benefit from additional experience and knowledge gained in reading blueprints. In this course, students will gain experience in all trades of construction blueprint reading. Learn to check plans and details, verify dimensions, check plan notes, specifications, and how to coordinate various trades on the jobsite.
Our Members Say It Best:
“This course gave me a better understanding of blueprints and how to read them, and it helped me understand prints for other trades.”
– Ron Lebo, Jr., K.L. Tyndale, Inc.
“I now have a better understanding of other trades and how to work with them to get the job done.”
– Matthew Moore, Brubaker, Inc.
Benefits of Attending:
- Understand how to find the proper details and wall section, and verify the correct dimensions.
- Learn to how spot conflicts and omissions in the construction plan set and how to resolve inconsistencies in the plans.
- Gain confidence in reading construction blueprints for estimating work, build construction work, material take off, and checking dimensions.
- Read and interpret prints faster and more accurately for fewer mistakes and greater productivity.
- Learn to look ahead and how to anticipate the next subcontractors’ work needs.
Who Should Attend:
This course is for those employees in a supervisory role who have basic blueprint knowledge and anyone involved in the construction industry working with or around construction prints and specifications.
* Note: for Advanced Blueprint Reading, students who have not previously taken the Basic Blueprint Reading Class should have two or more years of experience or a basic knowledge of construction and prints.
Ed Fisher, Light-Heigel and Associates: Ed is a Project Manager / Vice President for Light-Heigel and Associates, a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm and has been involved in the engineering and construction industry for more than 30 years. Ed brings a variety of real-life construction experiences and knowledge to the classroom for problem solving. His goal in every class is to help participants gain confidence in their abilities and to put their knowledge to work.
Preferred registration date: Seven days prior to session date
Price includes: instruction, hands-on activities and course materials.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately.
Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced.
Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more.