Advanced Blueprint Reading
January 14, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$400 – $643
Advanced Blueprint Reading
January 14, 21, 28, February 11, 18 & 25, 2019
7:00 pm – 9:30 pm each session
Hundreds of students have taken this advanced training!
All construction industry personnel will benefit from additional experience and knowledge gained in reading blueprints. Students will gain experience in all trades of construction blueprint reading. Learn to check plans and details, verify dimensions, check plan notes, specifications, and how to coordinate various trades on the jobsite.
It is recommended that participants bring a scientific calculator.
Our Members Say It Best:
“Gave me a better understanding of blueprints and how to read them. Helped me understand prints for other trades.”
– Ron Lebo, Jr., K.L. Tyndale, Inc.
“…I now have a better understanding of other trades and how to work with them to get the job done.”
– Matthew Moore, Brubaker, Inc.
Benefits of Attending:
- Understand how to find the proper details and wall section, and verify the correct dimensions.
- Learn to spot conflicts and omissions in the construction plan set, and how to resolve inconsistencies in the plans.
- Gain confidence in reading construction blueprints for estimating work, build construction work, material take off, and checking dimensions.
- Read and interpret prints faster and more accurate for fewer mistakes and greater productivity.
- Learn to look ahead and how to anticipate the next subcontractors work needs.
Hear from G. David Sload, President-CEO, to determine which Blueprint Seminar level fits your needs:
Who Should Attend:
This course is for those employees in a supervisory role who have basic blueprint knowledge and anyone involved in the construction industry working with or around construction prints and specifications.
* Note: for Advanced Blueprint Reading, students who have not previously taken the Basic Blueprint Reading Class should have two or more years of experience or a basic knowledge of construction and prints.
Ed Fisher, Light-Heigel and Associates: Ed is a Project Manager / Vice President for Light-Heigel and Associates, a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm and has been involved in the engineering and construction industry for more than 30 years. Ed brings a variety of real-life construction experiences and knowledge to the classroom for problem solving. His goal in every class is to help participants gain confidence in their abilities and to put their knowledge to work.
Preferred registration date: January 7, 2019
Price includes: snack, course materials and a certificate of completion.
The textbook for this course is “Print Reading for Construction – Residential and Commercial” by Brown and Dorfmueller (6th edition). This is the same book used in our Basic Blueprint Reading course.
If you need a textbook for an additional $100, please select the appropriate pricing option.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook