Note: For some users, Internet Explorer is not compatible with the ticket registration system. If you experience this, please try Mozilla Firefox. If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
- This event has passed.
Competent Person – Confined Space Entry
June 27, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 3:30 pm$175 – $250
Competent Person – Confined Space Entry
Thursday, June 27, 2019 / 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Confined space entry can be deadly if the proper precautions are not taken. OSHA re-quires that all confined spaces be evaluated for potential hazards prior to entry and a permit be used if significant safety and health hazards exist. All too often deaths occur when the proper pre-planning and appropriate safety measures are not taken.
This program will provide attendees with the knowledge to recognize a confined space, identify the potential hazards that may exist, effectively evaluate the space and complete the required documentation and provide the necessary oversight for entry process.
The course will discuss and review OSHA’s confined space regulations and explore the differences between the construction and general industry permit-required confined space standards. Training will also include review the need for a site specific written plan, the roles of the general/controlling contractor and owner, the procedures for communication of confined spaces on the jobsite, and the completion of hands-on training to ensure that the necessary skills are provided for effective evaluation and management of confined space entry and rescue procedures required on the jobsite.
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain an understanding & appreciation of the serious hazards associated with confined spaces, as well as those associated with the work and rescue-related activities that may take place in them.
- Gain the knowledge and decision making skills needed to effectively evaluate a con-fined space for hazards that may be inherent to the space or that may develop be-cause of the work operations.
- Benefit from hands-on exercise to learn the procedure for conducting a safe confined space entry, as well as how to use equipment essential for the task.
- Use the information from this training to display a professional company image and exceed customer safety expectations by updating your existing confined space entry program & permit to the new OSHA construction standard.
Develop Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- Defining and identifying construction confined spaces.
- Permit vs. non-permit spaces and other key terminology.
- Hazards of construction confined space entry.
- Controlling contractor responsibilities.
- Evaluating spaces for existing/potential hazards.
- Using a permit.
- Air quality, sampling, monitoring and ventilation.
- Methods to eliminate and control confined space hazards.
- Entry team and responsibilities.
- Rescue/retrieval planning and equipment.
- Additional confined space entry program requirements.
Who Should Attend:
This program will be especially helpful to those involved in any aspect of construction confined space entry, including:
- Confined space competent persons/entry supervisors.
- Confined space entrants and attendants.
- Confined space rescue/retrieval personnel.
- General (controlling) contractor site supervisory personnel and PM’s.
- Safety administrators.
- Safety committee personnel.
- Host facility plant/maintenance managers who use contractors for confined space entry work.
Kevin Keith, Director of Safety Services, ABC Keystone, provides safety training and safety services for the Chapter’s members. Kevin is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in Exercise and Sport Science. He has been providing Health and Safety services since 1996. Kevin is an OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer for the Mid-Atlantic OTI Education Center. He has aided with Workers’ Compensation, ergonomics, rehabilitation, fall protection system design and install, developed safety programs for automated systems, jobsite audits, PIT operator trainings, and an extensive list of trainings related to OSHA and safety during his career.
Price includes: various course materials, certificate of completion.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
Preferred registration date: June 20, 2019
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print