How to Register – view helpful registration tips
Confined Space Rescue
September 11 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm$685 – $980
Confined Space Rescue
September 11, 12, & 13, 2019 / 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
This training is a collective effort between ABC Keystone and the Lancaster Public Safety Training Center.
Confined space entry can be deadly if the proper precautions are not taken. OSHA re-quires that all confined spaces be evaluated for potential hazards prior to entry and a permit be used if significant safety and health hazards exist. All too often deaths occur when the proper pre-planning and appropriate safety measures are not taken.
This program will provide attendees with the knowledge to recognize a confined space, identify the potential hazards that may exist, effectively evaluate the space and com-plete the required documentation and provide the necessary oversight for entry process.
The course will provide the training required to perform rescue, which is required to be implemented by OSHA. The confined space planning is to be a site specific written plan, that include the roles of the general/controlling contractor and owner, the procedures for communication of confined spaces on the jobsite, and the completion of hands-on training to ensure that the necessary skills are provided for effective evaluation and management of confined space entry and rescue procedures required on the jobsite.
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain an understanding & appreciation of the serious hazards associated with confined spaces, as well as those associated with the work and rescue-related activities that may take place in them.
- Gain the knowledge and decision-making skills needed to effectively evaluate a confined space for hazards that may be inherent to the space or that may develop because of the work operations.
- Benefit from hands-on exercise to learn the procedure for conducting a safe confined space entry, as well as how to use equipment essential for the task, and to perform rescue in the event a worker(s) is trapped in the confined space.
- Use the information from this training to display a professional company image and exceed customer safety expectations by updating your existing confined space entry program & permit to the new OSHA construction standard.
Learn More About:
• Defining & identifying construction confined spaces
• Permit vs. non-permit spaces & other key terminology
• Hazards of construction confined space entry
• Review of OSHA’s construction confined space entry regulations
• Key differences from general industry regulation
• Controlling contractor responsibilities
• Evaluating spaces for existing/potential hazards
• Use and completion of a Permit
• Air quality, sampling, monitoring & ventilation
• Methods to eliminate & control confined space hazards
• Entry team & responsibilities
• Rescue/retrieval planning & equipment
• Additional confined space entry program requirements
Who Should Attend:
This program will be especially helpful to those involved in any aspect of construction confined space entry, including:
• Anyone that is currently identified as a confined space competent persons/entry supervisor
• Confined space entrants & attendants looking to gain knowledge to become a Competent Person for confined space
• General (controlling) contractor site supervisory personnel & PM’s
• Safety administrators
• Safety committee personnel
• Confined Space Rescue Team
• Host facility plant/maintenance managers who use contractors for confined space entry work
Kevin Keith, Director of Safety Services, ABC Keystone, provides safety trainings and safety services for the Chapter’s members. Kevin is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in Exercise and Sport Science. He has been providing Health and Safety services since 1996. Kevin is an OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer for the Mid-Atlantic OTI Education Center. He has aided with Workers’ Compensation, ergonomics, rehabilitation, fall protection system design and install, developed safety programs for automated systems, jobsite audits, PIT operator trainings, and an extensive list of trainings related to OSHA and safety during his career.
Price includes: various course materials, certificate of completion.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.