How to Register – view helpful registration tips
November 13 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$325 – $425
(Formerly Field Engineering)
November 13, 16, 20, 23, & 25, 2019
Weeknights: Classroom (7:00 pm – 9:30 pm)
Saturdays: Field Site (8:00 am – 11:00 am)
Use Plans and Instruments to Accurately Layout a Building Site
This training can also be customized just for your company – your site or ABC Keystone!
- Refresher of math skills relating to layout work
- Preparing accurate field notes
- Use of transits, levels, and lasers in setting grades from benchmarks
- Set and turn angles, estimate new benchmarks and building layouts
- Performing math checks to eliminate errors
- Set proper grade points using the right equipment for each task
“I learned a lot about transits and how to use them… I thought this training was great!”
– Cord Earhart, E & G Concrete, Inc.
“The classes drove home how important it is to be very accurate with site layout and how much grade difference can throw off measurements.”
– Jarod Sweinhart, Arthur Funk & Sons, Inc.
“This seminar helped me understand the entire building “picture” and that will benefit me in the underground plumbing work we do.”
– Rich Morrow, Plumbing Journeyman, Walton & Co.
“There is so much more to transits and levels then I realized! The course has equipped me with enough working knowledge to build on for the future…excellent and very informative.”
– L. Brent Good, Arthur Funk & Sons
Students should bring a scientific calculator or Smart Phone.
*Limited to 15 students due to hands-on activities.
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain practical experience that can be implemented immediately
- Become confident in layout work and preparing field notes the proper way
- Practice with equipment in real work scenarios and conditions
- Eliminate mistakes on the job
Who Should Attend:
Office and field personnel involved in construction layout work, excavation work, utility and site work, highway construction, and anyone working with elevations, benchmarks, and setting grade points should attend.
Ed Fisher, Light-Heigel and Associates: Ed is a Project Manager / Vice President for Light-Heigel and Associates, a Civil Engineering and Surveying firm and has been involved in the engineering and construction industry for more than 30 years. Ed brings a variety of real-life construction experiences and knowledge to the classroom for problem solving. His goal in every class is to help participants gain confidence in their abilities and to put their knowledge to work.
Preferred registration date: November 6, 2019
Price includes: course materials, hands-on labs, certificate of completion.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook