Construction Risk Management
Part of the Understanding the Construction Process Series
March 10, 2022 | 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Navigating Contracts, Bonding & Insurance
This seminar will discuss construction risk management including bonding and insurance.
Benefits of Attending:
- Understand the role of all interested parties in a construction project and how they work together to avoid risk
- Know your rights, what to do (and don’t) with contracts, indemnification and arbitration
- Break down insurance provision language into easier terms
- Learn the ins and outs of The Miller Act, payment and performance bonding
Topics Covered this Session:
- The Miller Act
- Payment and performance bonding
- Builders risk insurance
- General liability insurance
- Subcontractor default insurance
Sessions in this Series:
- September 21, 2021 – Project Planning & Execution
- November 10, 2021 – The Construction Process – New Series Starts!
- November 11, 2021 – Project Development and Environmental Decisions
- December 9, 2021 – Design Documents and Technical Specifications
- January 13, 2022 – Preconstruction & Estimating
- February 10, 2022 – Virtual Design & Construction Technology
- March 10, 2022 – Construction Risk Management
- April 14, 2022 – Construction Agreements & Payments
- May 12, 2022 – Project Planning & Execution
- June 9, 2022 – Project Compliance & Outside Organizations
Join at any time in cycle and SAVE at the full series rate!
Customize sessions for your company! Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Who Should Attend:
Administrators, estimators, project engineers, support staff, accountants, attorneys, project managers, project assistants, those new to construction, career constructors interested in learning new information and those interested in a better understanding of the big picture of the construction process will benefit from this series.
Ronald H. Pollock, Esq., Saxton & Stump, LLC, is a trial lawyer who actively litigates matters in state and federal court and concentrates his litigation practice in construction litigation and business disputes, catastrophic injury cases and personal injury law, as well as insurance coverage, bad faith cases and workers’ compensation. In his construction litigation practice, Ron represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers, among others. He has specific expertise in contract interpretation and disputes, payment/collection actions, bid challenges, change order and liquidated damages claims, and construction insurance, indemnification and arbitration contract provisions. In addition to litigating in the construction area, Ron assists various parties in reviewing contracts and agreements for troubleshooting and proactive problem-solving. He frequently speaks to industry groups and has written articles on the preparation, interpretation and administration of construction contracts. He works with business clients to resolve contract disputes over performance, payment, defect and other relevant issues.
Preferred registration date: Seven days prior to session date
Price includes: three hours of instruction, hands-on activities and course materials
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more.