How to Register – view helpful registration tips
Construction Risk Management
March 19, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$100 – $685
Construction Risk Management
Part of the Understanding the Construction Process Series
March 19, 2020 / 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Training held in partnership with:
Navigating Contracts, Bonding & Insurance
This seminar will discuss construction risk management including bonding and insurance.
3 LU credits per session; 3 LU/HSW credits for sessions 1, 2, 3, 8 & 9
Benefits of Attending:
- Understand the role of all interested parties in a construction project and how they work together to avoid risk
- Know your rights, what to do (and don’t) with Contracts, Indemnification and Arbitration
- Break down Insurance Provision Language into easier terms
- Learn the ins and outs of The Miller Act, payment and performance bonding
Topics Covered this Session:
- The Miller Act
- Payment & Performance Bonding
- Builders Risk Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Subcontractor Default Insurance
Sessions in this Series:
- October 10, 2019: Construction Industry Overview
- November 14, 2019: Project Development & Environmental Decisions
- December 12, 2019: Construction Design Documents & Technical Specifications
- January 16, 2020: Preconstruction & Estimating
- February 13, 2020: Virtual Design & Construction Technology
- March 19, 2020: Construction Risk Management
- April 9, 2020: Construction Agreements & Payments
- May 14, 2020: Project Planning & Execution
- June 11, 2020: Project Compliance & Outside Organizations
Join at any time in cycle and SAVE at the full series rate!
Customize sessions for your company! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Who Should Attend:
Administrators, estimators, project engineers, support staff, accountants, attorneys, project managers, project assistants, those new to construction, career constructors interested in learning new information and those interested in a better understanding of the big picture of the construction process will benefit from this series!
Ronald H. Pollock, Esq., Saxton & Stump, LLC, is a trial lawyer who actively litigates matters in state and federal court and concentrates his litigation practice in construction litigation and business disputes, catastrophic injury cases and personal injury law, as well as insurance coverage, bad faith cases and workers’ compensation. In his construction litigation practice, Ron represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers, among others. He has specific expertise in contract interpretation and disputes, payment/collection actions, bid challenges, change order and liquidated damages claims, and construction insurance, indemnification and arbitration contract provisions. In addition to litigating in the construction area, Ron assists various parties in reviewing contracts and agreements for troubleshooting and proactive problem-solving. He frequently speaks to industry groups and has written articles on the preparation, interpretation and administration of construction contracts. He works with business clients to resolve contract disputes over performance, payment, defect and other relevant issues.
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
Price includes: all course materials, coffee, water and snack for each session
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook