Note: If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
ABC Keystone continues to prioritize your safety to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. When you visit Chapter headquarters you will now see CDC-recommended safety precautions in place including COVID-19 symptom screenings, face mask requirements, enhanced cleaning measures and the implementation of social distancing to protect your health. We thank you in advance for your cooperation as we open up under these guidelines. Please enter the building at Door 1 when you arrive.
We can customize classes for you at your site! Customized training at your site is available following a review of the location for the implementation of current CDC recommended COVID-19 safety guidelines. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (Safety) or email@example.com (Career Development) for more information.
- This event has passed.
Human Resource Management Academy – The Series
November 20, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every month that begins at 8:00 am on day Third of the month, repeating until November 21, 2019
Human Resource Management Academy Series
ENTIRE SERIES REGISTRATION
October 16, November 20, December 18, 2019,
January 15, February 19, March 18,
April 15, May 20, June 17,
July 15, August 19, and September 16, 2020
8:00 am – 10:00 am each session
Comprehensive Skills Training on Key Issues, Laws, and Best Practices in HR
Each session approved for 1.84 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
This course is taught in twelve monthly sessions in partnership with Samaritan Business Consulting. These comprehensive, interactive sessions will include advice and review of partnering, support systems, leadership, managing change, communication, strategic planning, organizational culture, employee advocacy, safety, compliance, ethics in business, job descriptions, recordkeeping, reporting, managing risk, recruiting, interviewing techniques, assessments, appraisals, investigations, terminations, engagement, orientation, training, benefits, leaves of absence and more.
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how to manage people
- Confidence in knowing your processes are fully in compliance
- Be up to date on current laws that affect your company’s practices
- Ask questions and gain insight into industry-specific best practices
- Earn 22.02 SHRM credit hours
Sessions in this Series:
Click for session details or register for individual sessions:
- October 16, 2019: Introduction – Human Resources Strategic, Operational, and Administrative Roles
- November 20, 2019: Employment Laws, Compliance, and Minimizing Risk
- December 18, 2019: Job Descriptions, HR Recordkeeping and Reporting
- January 15, 2020: Effective Recruiting & Hiring
- February 19, 2020: Behavioral-based Interviewing
- March 18, 2020: Employment Assessments
- April 15, 2020: Coaching Employees and Performance Feedback and Appraisal
- May 20, 2020: Conducting Investigations, Disciplining, and Terminating Employees
- June 17, 2020: Employee Relations and Engagement
- July 15, 2020: Employee Orientation, Training, and Development
- August 19, 2020: Pay, Benefits, and Other Rewards
- September 16, 2020: Safety, Security, Health, and Leaves of Absence Management
Can’t make a session? Substitution is permissible.
Join the Series at Any Point in the Cycle and SAVE with the Full Series Rate!
Who Should Attend:
Human Resource Professionals or those responsible for HR elements in their firms or who intend to grow into those roles in the future.
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
Price includes: Instruction, course materials, coffee, water and snacks each day
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!