How to Register – view helpful registration tips
- This event has passed.
Introduction to the Human Resources Management Academy
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am$140 – $1850
Human Resource Management Academy
Introduction to the HR Management Academy
October 16, 2019 / 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Get a superb foundation of what is expected by and for the HR Administrator. Review on the specialized information and skills training on the key issues, basic laws, and best practices necessary for companies to compete for the labor needed to drive their businesses successfully. Targeted in-depth training because when it comes to HR. You can’t afford to get it wrong!
Each session approved for 1.84 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
The Human Resource Management Academy provides specialized information and skills training on the key issues, basic laws, and best practices necessary for companies to compete for the labor needed to drive their businesses successfully. This comprehensive course of twelve sessions covers the administration of strategic, operational, and administrative roles within an organization: partnering, support systems, leadership, managing change, communication, strategic planning, organizational culture, needs, employee advocacy, safety, compliance, ethics in business, and more!
Those assigned HR responsibilities must be knowledgeable resources for the organization…able to provide current up to date and accurate information, advice and answers on everything from government regulatory issues and benefits administration and all points in-between. Sign up for the entire series for “big picture” comprehensive learning or opt in to individual sessions for those whose job performance duties may be more focused.
This session approved for 1.84 credit hours.
Benefits of Attending:
- Identify HR’s strategic, operational and administrative roles within an organization
- Understand how to effectively manage organizational change
- Learn methods of HR strategic planning and key management competencies
- Foster culture development and effective communication systems
- Balance organizational needs and employee advocacy
- Promote ethics in business
Enhance Your Understanding – Topics Covered:
- HR’s roles within an organization
- Strategic business partnerships with organization leaders
- Organizational change
- Organization communication systems
- HR Strategic planning
- HR Management competencies
- HR’s role in organization culture
- Employee advocacy
- Ethics in business
Sessions in this Series:
Click for session details or register for individual sessions:
- October 16, 2019: Introduction – Human Resources Strategic, Operational, and Administrative Roles
- November 20, 2019: Employment Laws, Compliance, and Minimizing Risk
- December 18, 2019: Job Descriptions, HR Recordkeeping and Reporting
- January 15, 2020: Effective Recruiting & Hiring
- February 19, 2020: Behavioral-based Interviewing
- March 18, 2020: Employment Assessments
- April 15, 2020: Coaching Employees and Performance Feedback and Appraisal
- May 20, 2020: Conducting Investigations, Disciplining, and Terminating Employees
- June 17, 2020: Employee Relations and Engagement
- July 15, 2020: Employee Orientation, Training, and Development
- August 19, 2020: Pay, Benefits, and Other Rewards
- September 16, 2020: Safety, Security, Health, and Leaves of Absence Management
Can’t make a session? Substitution is permissible.
Join the Series at Any Point in the Cycle and SAVE with the Full Series Rate!
Who Should Attend:
This offering is a “must experience” for those responsible for any aspect of Human Resources Management and for all who want a comprehensive understanding of the big picture of “people management” and tools for successful navigation of the processes! Ideal for those that are or have been in like positions for dedicated time periods and are looking for current and relevant information to keep their skills and knowledge up to date; as well as those new to the position or those considering or being considered for a position or dedicated function within HR Management. You don’t know – what you don’t know! This course creates awareness as well as offering essential learning opportunities. At least one person in every company should attend.
Jim Weischedel, Human Resources Consultant, Samaritan Business Consulting – Jim’s passion is to help organizations improve and individuals grow and develop. He helps organizations in the areas of staffing, assessments, HR compliance, training, employee engagement, leadership coaching and development, performance management, and many other human resources areas. Jim has over 20 years of executive-level human resources experience within several industries. He holds an MBA from Penn State University and a Bachelors of Secondary Education from Millersville University. He is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) from Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) through the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
Price includes: various course materials, light refreshment, certificate of completion.
** Entire series participants also receive HR Administration Manual and individual assessment.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!