Medical Gas and Vacuum Piping Systems
Installers Certification Course ASSE 6010
January 31, February 1, 2 & 3, 2023
8 am – 4 pm each session
at ABC Keystone Headquarters
135 Shellyland Road
Manheim, PA 17545
Maximum of 30 students per class – register early!
This class is sold out!
Learn proper brazing techniques and requirements and gain knowledge in system installation for hospitals, office-based occupancies, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities.
NFPA has mandated brazing qualifications since 1993. The 2012 edition of NFPA 99 mandates that all installers meet the requirements of the A.S.S.E series 6010, 32-hour course. In addition, many major design firms now mandate compliance with the ANSI/A.S.S.E. 6000 series in their specifications. This is done typically in the same section of the spec that mandates compliance with the A.S.S.E 5000 series back flow prevention requirements.
- 32 hours of classroom instruction including brazing instruction and practice
- METC approved and proctored
- Meets ASSE 6010 requirements
Prerequisite: Contractor employees need to be journeyperson level, or active in an apprenticeship program for at least four years. Estimators, hospital employees who will not be installing medical gas systems, and building officials/inspectors are welcome into the class with the four year minimum waived.
Benefits of Attending:
- Discover safe practices for medical gas pipeline equipment installation
- Gain hands-on training to further your understanding
- Receive Med Gas certification upon completion
Our Members Say It Best:
“This training was beneficial in explaining and understanding the very critical components of a medical gas system and pipeline.”
– Norm Shaffer, Spangler & Boyer Mechanical, Inc.
“The information received in this course has not only educated me as to proper installation and testing of medical gas systems, but it also has enlightened me as to the personal responsibility for the safety of human life in so doing.”
– Don R. Crutcher, Frey Lutz Corp.
Each student brazing will need to provide the following material:
- 4’ of 1-1/2” L tubing. This need not be cleaned for oxygen service. Ordinary ASTM B88 water tube is acceptable. Scrap tubing can be used if it is clean inside and not dented.
- 6 – 8 1-1/2” wrought couplings with stops. Not cleaned is OK.
- Approximately 1 pound of 5% silver solder BCuP
- Any safety equipment you ordinarily use such as goggles, gloves, etc. We will use vise tri-stands for setting up our brazing assemblies and cutting tubing samples bring them with you to practice for the final examination.
Note: The above material can be combined if more than one person is coming from the same shop. For instance, if five people are coming from one shop, they could combine tubing requirements and come up with 1 20’ length of tubing.
Students will be required to successfully complete a written examination as well as a brazing practical in which you will be required to braze vertical and horizontal full penetrating joints on 1 ½” tubing. The brazing coupons will be tested by a C.W.I at a laboratory.
Jeff McBride, Jeff has over 30 years of experience in design, testing, verification and troubleshooting medical gas pipeline systems. He is a member of the NFPA Technical Committee on Medical Gases that is responsible for writing and changing NFPA 99 and is also a credentialed A.S.S.E. 6050 Instructor.
Who Should Attend:
Installers looking to become certified in ASSE 6010 (see Prerequisite).
Preferred registration date: Seven days prior to session date
Price includes: training, certification exam and brazing practical
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more.