Note: For some users, Internet Explorer is not compatible with the ticket registration system. If you experience this, please try Mozilla Firefox. If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: All ABC Keystone on-site classes/events/meetings have been postponed until following 6/5/20. Please watch for updates here.
Thank you for your understanding.
- This event has passed.
NO-COST VIRTUAL TRAINING: Crew Leadership for Effective Teams
April 29 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
NO-COST VIRTUAL TRAINING:
Crew Leadership for Effective Teams
April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27, & June 3, 10 & 17, 2020
9:00 am – 10:30 am each session
No cost to attend; Upon registration, webinar access details will be emailed to you
Please note: This is a Member-only virtual training. For information on ABC Keystone’s member benefits, please contact Mike Bachman, Director of Membership
When a crew is formed to tackle a particular job, one person is appointed the Leader. How many of your field personnel are ready for the next step but don’t have the skills to run a small crew of field employees? This virtual training will equip your future “Face of the Field” with the critical skills needed to successfully communicate with and lead a crew of craftspeople!
Note: You may be eligible for NCCER credentials upon completion.
- Increase listening and communication skills
- Provide direction, delegate and better mentor your crew
- Grow team ownership of safety practices
- Understand how to effectively plan and schedule workload
- Learn the importance of other management roles within your organization
- Prepare yourself for more responsibilities as you build your leadership role
Grow Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- Section I – The Basics: Industry Today; Gender and Cultural Issues; Business Organization
- Section II: Leadership Skills; Introduction to Leadership; The Shift in Work Activities; Becoming a Leader; Communication; Motivation; Team Building; Getting the Job Done; Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Section III: Safety; Safety Overview; Costs of Accidents; Safety Regulations; Employer Safety Responsibilities; Crew Leader Involvement in Safety; Promoting Safety
- Section IV: Project Control; Project Control Overview; Project Delivery Systems; Cost Estimating and Budgeting; The Planning Process; Planning Resources; Scheduling; Cost Control; Resource Control; Production and Productivity
Prerequisite for Credentials:
You may be eligible for credentials upon successful completion of this course. You must register on-line with the NCCER registry one week prior to the course date if seeking to obtain credentials. A brand new user of the system will not have an account or an NCCER Card Number. Follow the directions below to create an account and obtain an NCCER Card Number:
Click on the below link to view/download the “How to CREATE AN ACCOUNT (NCCER Card Number Not Yet Assigned)”
If you have questions, please contact NCCER customer service at 888.622.3720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Members Say it Best:
“The discussion between students and facilitator provided beneficial insight into different leadership styles and approaches to challenges. The material provided a structured approach to leadership in construction.”
– Dylan Seyler, S & S Structures, Inc.
“This course benefited me because I learned a lot, including how to plan and schedule jobs, how to plan things out so you can get your work done faster and make more profit, how to deal with other contractors on the job site and how to set a good example on everything you do on the jobsite.”
– Ken Mowery, Paul Risk Construction
Terry Boyer – After serving in the USAF, Terry Boyer worked for 45 years in the electrical/mechanical field; 25 of those years as a project manager. Terry is a highly successful project manager and has a great desire to pass his knowledge and experience on to the new generation of project managers. He has taught the Essentials of Project Management course since the first time it was introduced in September 2004.
Virtual Training Access Details:
Upon registration, virtual training access details will be emailed to you. If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com.
Please visit the calendar section of our website for additional no-cost virtual training available to ABC members during the months of April and May. For more information on ABC Member resources and benefits, please contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership.
- Kelly Stuttler