How to Register – view helpful registration tips
- This event has passed.
Employee Orientation, Training, and Development – Part of the Human Resource Management Academy
January 16 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am$125 – $200
Human Resource Management Academy
Session 10: Employee Orientation, Training, and Development
January 16, 2019 / 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Invest in your most valuable resources; provide the ladders and roadmaps for success! Go beyond the nuts and bolts by providing key elements for effective employee orientation programs; learn how to identify and use competencies for positions; learnt to create a skills gap analysis and development plans; discover more about succession planning; create career ladders and learn how to effectively promote leaders from within, and discover which key competencies to evaluate! Successfully grow your own leaders!
The Human Resource Management Academy provides specialized information and skills training on the key issues, basic laws, and best practices necessary for companies to compete for the labor needed to drive their businesses successfully. This comprehensive course of twelve sessions covers the administration of strategic, operational, and administrative roles within an organization: partnering, support systems, leadership, managing change, communication, strategic planning, organizational culture, needs, employee advocacy, safety, compliance, ethics in business, and more!
Those assigned HR responsibilities must be knowledgeable resources for the organization…able to provide current up to date and accurate information, advice and answers on everything from government regulatory issues and benefits administration and all points in-between. Sign up for the entire series for “big picture” comprehensive learning or opt in to individual sessions for those whose job performance duties may be more focused.
This session approved for 1.84 credit hours.
Increase Your Understanding & Learn:
- About some key elements in effective employee orientation programs
- How to identify and use competencies for positions
- How to conduct a competency-based skills gap analysis and create a development plan
- How to create a succession plan for key positions within organizations
- How to create career ladders for employees with roadmaps of how to get there
- How to effectively promote leaders from within, and the key competencies to evaluate
- Orientation programs
- Development plans
- Succession plans
- Career ladders
- Promoting leaders from within
Sessions in this Series:
Click for session details or register for individual sessions:
- April 18, 2018: Human Resources Strategic, Operational, and Administrative Roles
- May 16, 2018: Employment Laws, Compliance, and Minimizing Risk
- June 20, 2018: Job Descriptions, H/R Recordkeeping and Reporting
- July 18, 2018: Effective Recruiting & Hiring
- August 15, 2018: Behavioral-based Interviewing
- September 19, 2018: Employment Assessments
- October 17, 2018: Coaching Employees and Performance Feedback and Appraisal
- November 21, 2018: Conducting Investigations, Disciplining, and Terminating Employees
- December 19, 2018: Employee Relations and Engagement
- January 16, 2019: Employee Orientation, Training, and Development
- February 20, 2019: Pay, Benefits, and Other Rewards
- March 20, 2019: Safety, Security, Health, and Leaves of Absence Management
Can’t make a session? Substitution is permissible.
Who Should Attend:
This offering is a “must experience” for those responsible for any aspect of Human Resources Management and for all who want a comprehensive understanding of the big picture of “people management” and tools for successful navigation of the processes! Ideal for those that are or have been in like positions for dedicated time periods and are looking for current and relevant information to keep their skills and knowledge up to date; as well as those new to the position or those considering or being considered for a position or dedicated function within HR Management. You don’t know – what you don’t know! This course creates awareness as well as offering essential learning opportunities. At least one person in every company should attend.
Jim Weischedel, Human Resources Consultant, Samaritan Business Consulting – Jim’s passion is to help organizations improve and individuals grow and develop. He helps organizations in the areas of staffing, assessments, HR compliance, training, employee engagement, leadership coaching and development, performance management, and many other human resources areas. Jim has over 20 years of executive-level human resources experience within several industries. He holds an MBA from Penn State University and a Bachelors of Secondary Education from Millersville University. He is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) from Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) through the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
Price includes: various course materials, light refreshment, certificate of completion. ** Entire series participants also receive HR Administration Manual and individual assessment.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!