How to Register – view helpful registration tips
- This event has passed.
Virtual Design & Construction Technology – part of the Understanding the Construction Process From Inception to Completion Series
November 29, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$99 – $140
Understanding the Construction Process From Inception to Completion: Build a Strong Foundation for Your Team
Session 5: Virtual Design & Construction Technology
November 29, 2018 / 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Training held in partnership with:
Develop an understanding and knowledge of the “big picture” of the entire construction process.
This seminar will discuss ways technology is making a difference in the construction process.
Approved for 3 LU Credits
Benefits of Attending:
- Develop a better understanding of the implementation and usefulness of new technology in construction.
Topics Covered this Session:
- Drones in Construction
- Laser Scanning
- Model Creation-Providence Engineering
- BIM Coordination and Clash Detection
- Virtual Reality
- Facility Management-Providence Engineering
- Field Management Software
Sessions in this Series:
- October 4, 2018: Construction Industry Overview: “Understanding the Construction Process – From Inception to Completion”
- October 18, 2018: Project Development & Environmental Decisions
- November 1, 2018: Construction Design Documents & Technical Specifications
- November 15, 2018: Preconstruction & Estimating
- November 29, 2018: Virtual Design & Construction Technology
- December 13, 2018: Construction Risk Management
- December 13, 2018: Construction Agreements & Payments
- January 10, 2019: Project Planning & Execution
- January 24, 2019: Project Compliance & Outside Organizations
Customize sessions for your company! Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Who Should Attend:
Administrators, estimators, project engineers, support staff, accountants, attorneys, project managers, project assistants, those new to construction, career constructors interested in learning new information and those interested in a better understanding of the big picture of the construction process will benefit from this series!
Mike Hopple, Providence Engineering Corp., has experience designing masonry, structural steel, wood and concrete structures for retail, educational, institutional, corporate and industrial facilities. Mike also has experience designing precast/pre-stressed concrete structural components, architectural cladding, and connections for parking structures, office buildings, and mixed-use developments. Along with his design experience, Mike has lead Revit implementation across a multi-discipline design firm and acted as BIM Manager providing Revit training and troubleshooting support.
Karen Neff is an AutoCAD and Revit Software master. She joined the VDS Team in 2016, and uses BIM software to create construction/erection documents for precast concrete wall panels and piece tickets for production.
Ed McCauley, Wohlsen Construction Company, is the Director of IT and leads technology strategy and implementation for Wohlsen Construction. Ed works closely with construction teams to assemble the right mix of technology tools to help the team work smarter and more efficiently.
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
Price includes: course materials, continental breakfast, certificate of completion.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC/BIA Member only
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook