Construction Risk Management – part of the Understanding the Construction Process From Inception to Completion Series
December 13 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$99 – $140
Understanding the Construction Process From Inception to Completion: Build a Strong Foundation for Your Team
Session 6: Construction Risk Management
December 13, 2018 / 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Training held in partnership with:
Develop an understanding and knowledge of the “big picture” of the entire construction process.
This seminar will discuss construction risk management including bonding and insurance.
Approved for 3 LU Credits
Benefits of Attending:
- Develop a better understanding of construction risk management.
Topics Covered this Session:
- The Miller Act
- Payment & Performance Bonding
- Builders Risk Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Subcontractor Default Insurance
Sessions in this Series:
- October 4, 2018: Construction Industry Overview: “Understanding the Construction Process – From Inception to Completion”
- October 18, 2018: Project Development & Environmental Decisions
- November 1, 2018: Construction Design Documents & Technical Specifications
- November 15, 2018: Preconstruction & Estimating
- November 29, 2018: Virtual Design & Construction Technology
- December 13, 2018: Construction Risk Management
- December 13, 2018: Construction Agreements & Payments
- January 10, 2019: Project Planning & Execution
- January 24, 2019: Project Compliance & Outside Organizations
Customize sessions for your company! Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Who Should Attend:
Administrators, estimators, project engineers, support staff, accountants, attorneys, project managers, project assistants, those new to construction, career constructors interested in learning new information and those interested in a better understanding of the big picture of the construction process will benefit from this series!
Ronald H. Pollock, Saxton & Stump, LLC, is a trial lawyer who actively litigates matters in state and federal court and concentrates his litigation practice in construction litigation and business disputes, catastrophic injury cases and personal injury law, as well as insurance coverage, bad faith cases and workers’ compensation. In his construction litigation practice, Ron represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers, among others. He has specific expertise in contract interpretation and disputes, payment/collection actions, bid challenges, change order and liquidated damages claims, and construction insurance, indemnification and arbitration contract provisions. In addition to litigating in the construction area, Ron assists various parties in reviewing contracts and agreements for troubleshooting and proactive problem-solving. He frequently speaks to industry groups and has written articles on the preparation, interpretation and administration of construction contracts. He works with business clients to resolve contract disputes over performance, payment, defect and other relevant issues.
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
Price includes: course materials, continental breakfast, certificate of completion. Lunch included for December 13 am and pm double session registrants.
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook