Construction Agreements and Payments – part of the Understanding the Construction Process From Inception to Completion Series
December 13 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$99 – $140
Understanding the Construction Process From Inception to Completion: Build a Strong Foundation for Your Team
Session 7: Construction Agreements and Payments
December 13, 2018 / 12 noon – 3:00 pm
Training held in partnership with:
Develop an understanding and knowledge of the “big picture” of the entire construction process.
Benefits of Attending:
- Develop a better understanding of construction agreements and payments from initial contract to payment.
Approved for 3 LU Credits
Topics Covered this Session:
- Purchase Order
- Change Order
- Schedule of Values
- Applications for Payment/Retainage
- Lien Waivers/Stipulation Against Liens
- Construction Common Legal Issues
Sessions in this Series:
- October 4, 2018: Construction Industry Overview: “Understanding the Construction Process – From Inception to Completion”
- October 18, 2018: Project Development & Environmental Decisions
- November 1, 2018: Construction Design Documents & Technical Specifications
- November 15, 2018: Preconstruction & Estimating
- November 29, 2018: Virtual Design & Construction Technology
- December 13, 2018: Construction Risk Management
- December 13, 2018: Construction Agreements & Payments
- January 10, 2019: Project Planning & Execution
- January 24, 2019: Project Compliance & Outside Organizations
Customize sessions for your company! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Who Should Attend:
Administrators, estimators, project engineers, support staff, accountants, attorneys, project managers, project assistants, those new to construction, career constructors interested in learning new information and those interested in a better understanding of the big picture of the construction process will benefit from this series!
Maria Elliott, Partner Barley Snyder Attorneys at Law, is chair of the firm’s Real Estate, Municipal and Environmental group and is chair of the firm’s Construction Industry group. Her practice focuses on both real estate and construction transactions, including the purchase and sale of real estate, commercial leases, including office, shopping center, warehouse and cell tower leases, residential leases, zoning and land development, construction contracts, formation of entities for real estate ownership, business and real estate financing, condominium and planned communities, property assessment appeals, real estate tax exemption requests, and various agricultural real estate matters, including Clean and Green (Act 319), Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP), and agricultural preservation easements. Maria’s construction law practice involves issues arising during all phases of the construction process, including drafting and negotiating construction contracts, providing advice on claims avoidance, and handling bond claims. She regularly addresses general construction matters involving liquidated damages, change orders, performance and payment bonds, termination of contracts, and mechanics’ liens waivers and releases. She advises clients on the amendments to the Pennsylvania Mechanics’ Lien Law and how the changes affect their construction projects. She is also knowledgeable with the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code and the International Building Codes.
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
Price includes: course materials, lunch, certificate of completion. Lunch included for December 13 am and pm double session registrants.
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook