How to Register – view helpful registration tips
September 24 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am$35 – $50
Start planning for your company’s future now!
67% of businesses fail to succeed into the second generation!* ABC Keystone has partnered with a team of Succession Professionals who will share years of experience and best practices on how to design your transition strategy. By spending time planning now for how you will transition out of your business, you can ensure a smoother exit.
Creating a business succession plan is critically important and should be part of the overall business planning process. With a sound plan, your chances of a successful transition are greatly increased, regardless of whether you wish to transfer the business to family, employees, management, or to a third party.
If you plan on transitioning your business to the next generation, selling it to an outside party or your employees, you will want to attend this information packed series.
*FAMILY BUSINESS PLANNING STRATEGIES: 67% ARE AT RISK OF SUCCESSION FAILURE By Wesley Forster – Posted September 14, 2015 In Family Business
Benefits of Attending:
- Discover how to get your business transition started
- Learn how to prepare your business before the transition to get the most value for what you have built
- Discover how leadership transitions take place and why they are so important
- Discuss how much money you might need to live comfortably in your post-business life
- Explore how business valuations and cash flow affect your plan
- Learn how to minimize taxes during the transition
- Hear what you should consider in your estate planning and legal agreements during the transition process
Develop Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- How to get the most money for your business
- Different types of transactions: External sale, internal sale, internal transition
- The steps in the transition planning process
- How to incorporate your financial assets and business proceeds into a comprehensive plan to fund the next phase of your life
- How to limit the tax consequences of your sale
- Who are the professionals on my transition team and what will they do for me?
Who Should Attend:
Business Owners, CEO’s and CFO’s will benefit from this course.
Jeff Witmer, Owner/Partner, Pathway Business Advisors, started and developed a nationwide, industry leading business generating over $16M. He’s an expert in various aspects of business management and systems, including: team development, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, and information technology.
Andrew Barninger, CFP®, is a financial planner with Personal Wealth Advisory, LLC. Business owners come to Andrew because they know how important the sale of their business is to their financial future. Andrew guides business owners through a step-by-step process specifically designed to achieve successful business transitions.
Andrew S. Rusniak, Esq., LL.M., is an attorney with McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC and represents individuals, families, business owners, executives, and professionals, in all aspects of tax and estate planning and business succession planning.
Michael Wolfe, CPA/ABV, CVA, is the Valuation Services Partner at Trout, Ebersole & Groff, LLP. He has substantial experience with business valuation related to succession planning, including value optimization, mergers and acquisitions and stock gifting programs.
Preferred registration date: September 17, 2019
Price includes: Various course materials, Q & A opportunities.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more.