ABC Keystone is seeking a Controller to handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and all financial activities of the company, including related companies. Join a great team!
Position Title: Controller
Reports to: Chapter President/CEO and Vice president
Supervises: Manager of Accounting & Data Technology
Position Overview: The controller handles high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversees all financial activities of the company, including related companies. This position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles or International Financial Reporting Standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintain and update a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the operations of the accounting department and any outsourced functions, including the design of an organization structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Manage the operations of related companies, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Analyze key operating metrics and provide meaningful feedback to management.
- Administer and coordinate employee benefits.
- Manage the Manager of Accounting/Data Technology staff person.
- Prepare monthly financial statements accurately and timely.
- Responsible for the company’s Trust billing operations, procedures and financial software.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage and prepare the production of annual budget and forecasts; calculate variances and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for ongoing cash flows, capital investments, pricing decisions and contract decisions.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual audit/review reports. Provide information to external auditors as required for the annual audit/reviews.
- Ensure that accounts payable are recorded accurately and timely.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all available discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that all customer invoices are generated accurately and timely.
- Ensure that cash receipts are recorded promptly and accurately and deposited timely.
- Ensure correct revenue recognition.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Monitor cash and funding balances.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Process employee benefit changes accurately and timely.
- Complete periodic bank reconciliations.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensure that electronic financial and related back-ups are correct and maintained securely.
- Ensure company, and related companies, complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements.
- Audits, reviews local, state, and federal government reporting, tax filings and employee benefits.
- Lobbying and campaign finance reports.
- PCI DSS cyber security compliance.
- 401(k) administration.
- Coordinate and control the retention of the company’s accounting and legal records, insuring that all information is safely stored and available upon request.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants including bank loans and credit cards.
- Serves as a resource for human resources and payroll regarding employee benefits, health savings accounts, and payroll processing.
- Serves as primary staff liaison to Finance Oversight & Budget Committee.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Deliverables should be completed in an efficient, accurate and consistent manner.
- Analytic skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to see big picture.
- Ability to see cost – benefit.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to respond to business correspondence and notices.
- Ability to review versus re-perform.
- Life-long learner who is excited by the educational opportunities they will get through ABC.
- Excellent computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Office suite and QUICKBOOKS Enterprise Solutions 16.0, Access, database and other system knowledge.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting cost accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations; especially as related to not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Ability to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
Educational and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Five or more years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping experience related to computerized accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Experience in non-profit accounting, taxes and financial statements is highly preferred.
- CPA designation strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel is required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Superior organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Works with confidential firm information; requires ability to keep matters confidential.
Primarily an office environment.
Minimal overnight travel (less than 5%) by land and/or air.
The company’s employees are expected to act in the best interests of the company, even if doing so requires actions not listed in the above job description. This job description is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to revision by management at any time.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
135 Shellyland Road
Manheim, PA 17545