Despite COVID-19, ABC was able to accomplish a great deal on behalf of our members last year. The government affairs team is pleased to provide an inaugural annual report on the legislative and political actions ABC conducted in 2020. Some highlights include:
- Partnering with 20 construction, design, and consulting groups that called on the governor to recognize commercial and residential construction as a life-sustaining business.
- Creating a “Construction Safety Task Force,” which developed a nationally recognized critical resource document on COVID-19 workplace and jobsite safety protocols.
- Increasing ABC’s engagement by growing the grassroots network by nearly 50 percent.
- Providing testimony in the Pennsylvania House on the state’s apprenticeship system and in the Pennsylvania Senate on COVID-19 challenges, which featured ABC member testimonials.
- Endorsing and supporting elected officials who are committed to defending free enterprise and the merit shop philosophy.
View the ABC PA Annual Report here
View the listing of 2020 ABC PA Government Affairs accomplishments here
Posted January 5, 2021