By: David G. Greineder, IOM, ABC Pennsylvania Director of Government Affairs
In previous Merit Shop Spokesman articles, you read about the progress the government affairs team has made in calling for an end to discriminatory rules in the apprenticeship training standards. In August and September, ABC chapters were proud to host members of the House Labor & Industry Committee to tour training facilities and participate in a roundtable discussion on our concerns. Those events were a tremendous success and put a spotlight on the unfairness between joint and non-joint rules.
Now, we need your voice to get us to the finish line. On October 25, ABC of Pennsylvania will be hosting an in-person Free Enterprise Day in Harrisburg – our first since the COVID-19 shutdown. During the day, you will have the opportunity to interact with key legislators who hold the power to make the changes we are seeking. They need to hear directly from you, as you and your workforce are on the frontlines facing these challenges. Training opportunities will be available before the event to prepare you on policy issues and event logistics. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Sponsorships available! Go to abcpa.org and click on the calendar for more details, to register, and to sponsor. We need you!
As a reminder, last month you read about the importance of financially supporting candidates that support ABC, the merit shop, and free enterprise. There is no doubt Pennsylvania will be a key state in determining the majorities in the U.S. House and U.S. Senate. Fundraising will be key. The Keystone Chapter has several options for you to consider:
• PA ABC PAC: This political committee options accepts private donations only. There is no limit in the amount you can contribute. Every candidate we support is vetted through ABC boards and committees to ensure there is a commitment to defend free enterprise.
• Advancing the American Dream Fund: This option accepts corporate or private donations. There is no limit to the amount you can contribute. This fund is aimed at issue advocacy by highlighting candidates that are committed to the merit shop philosophy. All activities and materials are thoroughly vetted through our leadership to ensure your contributions are directed appropriately and invested wisely.
As you know, it is extremely important ABC continues to support candidates that defend free enterprise and free markets. We are committed to engaging our passionate advocates seeking change and we will continue to be so. We can’t do it without you! Stay connected so you don’t miss out an opportunity to get involved.
Join ABC PA Chapters at Annual Free Enterprise Day!
October 25, 2021 – in Harrisburg
- Be a part of ABC’s advocacy efforts
- Connect with elected officials and staff to further free enterprise and the merit shop philosophy through policy
- Meet ABC members from across the Commonwealth and build relationships
- Learn more about the current state of politics and policy in Pennsylvania
- Tour the Pennsylvania Capitol and meet with elected officials from your respective region to discuss issues that are of importance to the association
If you are not signed-up to receive email alerts, please download the “ABC Action App” from the app store on your mobile device or at abc.org/abcaction.
Posted September 9, 2021