ABC Apprenticeship Carpentry 4 class recently covered the Advanced Stair Systems module from the NCCER curriculum. Instructor Tom Fasnacht had the students in the lab doing their hands-on performance profile which covered these areas:
- Install open service stair treads and risers
- Install treads and risers on open, closed, and/or combination open/closed main stairs
- Miter a finished stringer
- Install a return nosing
- Install a post-to-post balustrade system
- Install a pre-assembled stair rail system
Tom Fasnacht is a new instructor to the apprenticeship program for the 2017-2018 year, and his goal is to make sure that in each class his students work in the lab and get hands-on experience. We are pleased to have him on our instructor team.