ASHE Health Care Construction Workshop
January 24 & 25, 2023 | 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
at ABC Keystone Headquarters
135 Shellyland Road
Manheim, PA 17545
Latest Rulings & Compliance Issues in Health Care Construction
- Interactive, high-quality, in-person instruction providing you dynamic exchanges with instructors and attendees
- Share best practices, engage in situational discussions to gain clarification and real-world examples
- Learn directly from ASHE instructors and participate in question and answer sessions to enhance your understanding
Limited seats available – Register early!
This training is required by most health care systems to work on site.
Register by December 22, 2022 & SAVE!
View local hotel information and discounts
Validate your knowledge of working in a health care environment!
Completely updated to include the latest ruling from CMS, the Health Care Construction Workshop combines an e-learning course and a two-day seminar. The program offers education with a comprehensive risk management approach to critical topics in health care construction, including:
- The health care planning, design, and construction process;
- Life Safety Code® compliance;
- Construction risk assessment (including general risks and a special focus on infection risks);
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP);
- Medical gas systems;
- Medical technology;
- Project expectations.
You will gain an understanding of the latest compliance issues in health care construction, and learn what owners, staff, and patients expect of constructors working in the health care environment.
Valid for 17.5 CECs (equivalent to 17.5 contact hours)!
- 12.5 CECs for the 2-day HCC Workshop
- 5 CECs for the HCC e-Learning perquisite
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction, and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Identify codes and standards compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction and renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Understand how to assess construction risks, develop mitigating strategies, monitor the effectiveness of those strategies, and determine documentation requirements.
- Prepare a sample comprehensive risk mitigation plan based on a real life project that can be used to form the foundation of your next health care construction project.
- Facilitate and effectively participate in communication with the health care construction or renovation project team and stakeholders.
Who Should Attend:
This educational program will be valuable to field leaders, facility managers and project managers – as well as:
- General contractors
- Health care equipment providers
- Health care facility managers
- Construction project managers
- Infection preventionists wanting to learn more about construction
Our Members Say it Best:
“The course taught me to think from the hospital’s perspective so that I can do a better job for them.”
– Alex Byard, Warfel Construction Company
“This course was very impactful for me. It put a lot of meaning behind the ICRA measures we take and explained fully “the why” behind them.”
– Stephanie Kline, Benchmark Construction Co., Inc.
“I’m now more prepared to meet with hospitals and contractors to develop and enforce a risk mitigation plan.”
– Eric Hellman, Quandel Construction
“This class was very informative and has greatly increased my awareness of the risks involved with health care construction. The information I received will be invaluable in performing these projects going forward.”
– Kevin Ream, Wohlsen Construction Company
Learn More from ASHE Instructors:
Substitutes are permitted with a $50.00 substitution fee: name and payment must be submitted in advance.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
Price includes: Access to the e-learning program, earn 17.5 CEC’s (equivalent to 17.5 contact hours), two day seminar, onsite course materials, certificate of completion, breakfast and lunch both days, and discounted hotel pricing – first come basis; contact the ABC Keystone Chapter.
ABC and ASHE Members receive discounted pricing.
PLEASE NOTE: Invoicing is only available to ABC Members. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you!
This is an official ASHE program being hosted by ABC Keystone. Pricing, registration, and coordination of these events are determined by ABC Keystone. Registrations for this program are not transferable to other ASHE courses.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more.