By: David G. Greineder, IOM, ABC Pennsylvania Director of Government Affairs
The primary election is just a few weeks away! Because there is a wide field of candidates, and as a service to our members, we posted an “Election Information Guide,” so you know exactly who is running, where to find information on how and where to vote, and information on the new congressional map.
Some quick items:
- Election day is Tuesday, May 17. Polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm
- If an eligible voter is not yet registered, applications must be completed at least 15 days before the election, which is Monday, May 2. First-time voters must show proof of identification at their polling location. Information on how to register can be found here.
- If you are a registered voter and moved, had a name change, or wish to change your party affiliation, your registration needs to be updated with the new information, which can be done online. Changes must be made by May 2 to be effective for the primary election.
- If you wish to vote by mail, please carefully read the information on the Department of State’s website. All mail-in ballots must be RECEIVED by your local board of elections by 8 pm on May 17.
- If you prefer to vote in person, you can look up your polling place here.
In addition, ABC National has resources available for employers and ABC chapters looking for guidance on the “do’s and don’ts” in an election cycle. Election laws are very complex, and we encourage utilization of these resources to learn more about appropriate communications with employees and ABC members.
Thanks in advance for doing your due diligence in research where the candidates stand on issues important to you and your business.
If you are not signed-up to receive email alerts, please download the “ABC Action App” from the app store on your mobile device or at abc.org/abcaction.
Posted April 27, 2022