ABC Keystone offers Career Development Education, Safety Training,
Networking Events & Advocacy Engagement to Members.
Select education & training seminars are open to non-members.
Members SAVE! Learn more
Please consider using a Mozilla Firefox or Chrome browser when registering to maximize functionality.
If you have any difficulties, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
- This event has passed.
NO-COST VIRTUAL TRAINING: Managing a Respiratory Protection Program
April 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 amFree
NO-COST VIRTUAL TRAINING:
Managing a Respiratory Protection Program
April 17, 2020 / 8:00 am – 10:00 am (followed by Q & A)
This webinar is currently full.
Please note: This is a Member-only webinar. For information on ABC Keystone’s member benefits, please contact Mike Bachman, Director of Membership
OSHA mandates that companies who use respirators have a written respiratory protection program. This program MUST BE designated by a competent respiratory protection program administrator who is versed in the requirements and methods of program implementation.
This session is intended to help employers meet this requirement for individuals who are involved in administrating a respiratory protection program.
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of how to select the proper respiratory protective device for the hazard
- Learn the proper fitting, care and limitations of respirators
- Review requirements of the written program including annual program evaluations
- Learn how to implement the medical clearance provision of the standards and how to preform fit testing
- Help employers assure workers are being protected from airborne hazards
Develop Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- Why the respirator is necessary and how improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of the respirator
- Implementing a medical clearance program
- Understanding chemical-specific requirements for exposures (such as silica)
- How to inspect, put on and remove, use, and check the seals of the respirator
- How to recognize medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators or indications of improper protection
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who has the responsibility to oversee a respiratory protection program for their organization. This is good information for anyone interested in respiratory protection and the requirements for its use.
Kevin Keith, Director of Safety Services, ABC Keystone, provides safety trainings and safety services for the Chapter’s members. Kevin is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in Exercise and Sport Science. He has been providing Health and Safety services since 1996. Kevin is an OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer for the Mid-Atlantic OTI Education Center. He has aided with Workers’ Compensation, ergonomics, rehabilitation, fall protection system design and install, developed safety programs for automated systems, jobsite audits, PIT operator trainings, and an extensive list of trainings related to OSHA and safety during his career.
WEBINAR ACCESS DETAILS:
Upon registration, webinar access details will be emailed to you. If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com.