Note: If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
ABC Keystone continues to prioritize your safety to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. When you visit Chapter headquarters you will now see CDC-recommended safety precautions in place including COVID-19 symptom screenings, face mask requirements, enhanced cleaning measures and the implementation of social distancing to protect your health. We thank you in advance for your cooperation as we open up under these guidelines. Please enter the building at Door 1 when you arrive.
We can customize classes for you at your site! Customized training at your site is available following a review of the location for the implementation of current CDC recommended COVID-19 safety guidelines. Please reach out to email@example.com (Safety) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Career Development) for more information.
- This event has passed.
How to Improve Your Company’s Safety
July 8, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am$75 – $108
How to Improve Your Company’s Safety
Monday, July 8, 2019 / 7:30 am – 11:30 am
Creating an effective and comprehensive company safety and health program can be a bit overwhelming. Knowing how to plan and determining a place to start is key to any the improvement of any safety process.
This program will provide attendees with the knowledge to recognize areas of concern and provide insight on how to tackle the issues that are causing the most problems.
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn the basic techniques necessary to implement the appropriate safety and health programs to improve production, quality of work, and improve overall employee morale
- Discuss the methods to keep a safety committee engaged in the safety process and to maintain employee participation
- Learn how to complete hazard assessments and identification
- Discuss training and education techniques that should be used to provide improved training sessions and actively engage workers
Develop Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- Review of common hazards and methods to control
- Complete a hazard assessment
- Discussion of the importance of management involvement
- Review of multi-employer jobsites and hazard control
- Class activities that include workshop activities and presentations
Who Should Attend:
This program will be especially helpful to those involved in any aspect of construction confined space entry, including:
• Anyone that is currently identified as a safety officer, supervisor, human resource personnel
• General (controlling) contractor site supervisory personnel & PM’s
• Safety administrators
• Safety committee personnel
Kevin Keith, Director of Safety Services, ABC Keystone, provides safety trainings and safety services for the Chapter’s members. Kevin is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in Exercise and Sport Science. He has been providing Health and Safety services since 1996. Kevin is an OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer for the Mid-Atlantic OTI Education Center. He has aided with Workers’ Compensation, ergonomics, rehabilitation, fall protection system design and install, developed safety programs for automated systems, jobsite audits, PIT operator trainings, and an extensive list of trainings related to OSHA and safety during his career.
Price includes: various course materials, certificate of completion.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
Preferred registration date: July 1, 2019
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print