How to Register – view helpful registration tips
- This event has passed.
Human Resource Management Academy – The Series
May 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am$1200 – $1995
Human Resource Management Academy – The Series
Sessions: May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15,
September 19, October 17, November 21, December 19, 2018,
January 16, February 20 & March 20, 2019
8:00 am – 10:00 am each session
Register for the entire series at a discount, or opt in to individual sessions.
Participate in all sessions yourself, or share sessions with a co-worker!
The Human Resource Management Academy provides specialized information and skills training on the key issues, basic laws, and best practices necessary for companies to compete for the labor needed to drive their businesses successfully. This comprehensive course of twelve sessions covers the administration of strategic, operational, and administrative roles within an organization: partnering, support systems, leadership, managing change, communication, strategic planning, organizational culture, needs, employee advocacy, safety, compliance, ethics in business, and more!
Those assigned HR responsibilities must be knowledgeable resources for the organization…able to provide current up to date and accurate information, advice and answers on everything from government regulatory issues and benefits administration and all points in-between. Sign up for the entire series for “big picture” comprehensive learning or opt in to individual sessions for those whose job performance duties may be more focused. Read a brief blog by instructor Jim Weischedel to learn more.
Entire course approved for 22 credit hours towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR professional re-certification.
Each session approved for 1.84 credit hours.
Can’t make a session? Substitution is permissible.
Read a brief blog article to learn more about “Human Resources Management – A Key Factor in Your Company’s Success” from Instructor Jim Weischedel, Director of Consulting, Samaritan Business Consulting
Benefits of Attending:
- Attract and select the best employees.
- Protect your business from regulatory liability.
- Organize and centralize human resource administration.
- Avoid inappropriate use of costly legal counsel.
- Improve employee commitment to quality performance and achievement of company goals.
Sessions in this Series:
Click for session details or register for individual sessions:
- April 18, 2018: Human Resources Strategic, Operational, and Administrative Roles – series overview
- May 16, 2018: Employment Laws, Compliance, and Minimizing Risk
- June 20, 2018: Job Descriptions, H/R Recordkeeping and Reporting
- July 18, 2018: Effective Recruiting & Hiring
- August 15, 2018: Behavioral-based Interviewing
- September 19, 2018: Employment Assessments
- October 17, 2018: Coaching Employees and Performance Feedback and Appraisal
- November 21, 2018: Conducting Investigations, Disciplining, and Terminating Employees
- December 19, 2018: Employee Relations and Engagement
- January 16, 2019: Employee Orientation, Training, and Development
- February 20, 2019: Pay, Benefits, and Other Rewards
- March 20, 2019: Safety, Security, Health, and Leaves of Absence Management
Who Should Attend:
This offering is a “must experience” for those responsible for any aspect of Human Resources Management and for all who want a comprehensive understanding of the big picture of “people management” and tools for successful navigation of the processes! Ideal for those that are or have been in like positions for dedicated time periods and are looking for current and relevant information to keep their skills and knowledge up to date; as well as those new to the position or those considering or being considered for a position or dedicated function within HR Management. You don’t know – what you don’t know! This course creates awareness as well as offering essential learning opportunities. At least one person in every company should attend.
Jim Weischedel, Human Resources Consultant, Samaritan Business Consulting – Jim’s passion is to help organizations improve and individuals grow and develop. He helps organizations in the areas of staffing, assessments, HR compliance, training, employee engagement, leadership coaching and development, performance management, and many other human resources areas. Jim has over 20 years of executive-level human resources experience within several industries. He holds an MBA from Penn State University and a Bachelors of Secondary Education from Millersville University. He is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) from Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) through the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date; May 9, 2018 for the entire series.
Price includes: various course materials, light refreshment, certificate of completion. ** Entire series participants also receive HR Administration Manual and individual assessment.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Angela at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
To print this page, please press: alt + file + print