Note: For some users, Internet Explorer is not compatible with the ticket registration system. If you experience this, please try Mozilla Firefox. If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
- This event has passed.
Crew Leadership for Effective Teams
January 9 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$295 – $399
Crew Leadership for Effective Teams
Thursday, January 9, 2020 / 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
& Friday, January 10, 2020 / 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
When a crew is formed to tackle a particular job, one person is appointed the Leader. How many of your field personnel are ready for the next step but don’t have the skills to run a small crew of field employees? This course will equip your future “Face of the Field” with the critical skills needed to successfully communicate with and lead a crew of craftspeople!
Note: You may be eligible for NCCER credentials upon completion.
Our Members Say it Best:
“The discussion between students and facilitator provided beneficial insight into different leadership styles and approaches to challenges. The material provided a structured approach to leadership in construction.”
– Dylan Seyler, S & S Structures, Inc.
“This course benefited me because I learned a lot, including how to plan and schedule jobs, how to plan things out so you can get your work done faster and make more profit, how to deal with other contractors on the job site and how to set a good example on everything you do on the jobsite.”
– Ken Mowery, Paul Risk Construction
Benefits of Attending:
- Increase listening and communication skills
- Provide direction, delegate and better mentor your crew
- Grow team ownership of safety practices
- Understand how to effectively plan and schedule workload
- Learn the importance of other management roles within your organization
- Prepare yourself for more responsibilities as you build your leadership role
Grow Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- Section I – The Basics: Industry Today; Gender and Cultural Issues; Business Organization
- Section II: Leadership Skills; Introduction to Leadership; The Shift in Work Activities; Becoming a Leader; Communication; Motivation; Team Building; Getting the Job Done; Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Section III: Safety; Safety Overview; Costs of Accidents; Safety Regulations; Employer Safety Responsibilities; Crew Leader Involvement in Safety; Promoting Safety
- Section IV: Project Control; Project Control Overview; Project Delivery Systems; Cost Estimating and Budgeting; The Planning Process; Planning Resources; Scheduling; Cost Control; Resource Control; Production and Productivity
Prerequisite for Credentials:
You may be eligible for credentials upon successful completion of this course. You must register on-line with the NCCER registry one week prior to the course date if seeking to obtain credentials. A brand new user of the system will not have an account or an NCCER Card Number. Follow the directions below to create an account and obtain an NCCER Card Number:
Click on the below link to view/download the “How to CREATE AN ACCOUNT (NCCER Card Number Not Yet Assigned)”
If you have questions, please contact NCCER customer service at 888.622.3720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to fill out some additional information, make sure to click the “Save button” to complete this process and to save the profile. Be sure to bring your card number to the first day of class.
Those that do not have online access that want credentials will be required to stay after the first session where they will be provided with online access to complete the NCCER registration process. It is the responsibility of the participant to register online to be eligible for credentials.
Terry Boyer – After serving in the USAF, Terry Boyer worked for 45 years in the electrical/mechanical field; 25 of those years as a project manager. Terry is a highly successful project manager and has a great desire to pass his knowledge and experience on to the new generation of project managers. He has taught the Essentials of Project Management course since the first time it was introduced in September 2004.
Limited to 14 students.
Preferred registration date: seven days prior to the class
Price includes: textbook, various course materials, certificate of completion and light breakfast and lunch Friday.
This class is customizable – contact Barbara today for specialized training for your team!
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business! Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more!
- Michele Cook