Note: For some users, Internet Explorer is not compatible with the ticket registration system. If you experience this, please try Mozilla Firefox. If you have any difficulties registering, please call (717) 653-8106. Thank you!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: All ABC Keystone on-site classes/events/meetings have been postponed until following 6/5/20. Please watch for updates here.
Thank you for your understanding.
- This event has passed.
Virtual Design & Construction Technology
February 13 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$100 – $685
Virtual Design & Construction Technology
Part of the Understanding the Construction Process Series
February 13, 2020 / 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Training held in partnership with:
Trends, Value & Processes in Construction Tech
This seminar will discuss ways technology is making a difference in the construction process.
3 LU credits per session; 3 LU/HSW credits for sessions 1, 2, 3, 8 & 9
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn about the new technology trends in construction
- Understand the value of using virtual design and reality on the jobsite
- Streamline your processes, save time and costly mistakes with facility and field management software
Topics Covered this Session:
- Drones in Construction
- Laser Scanning
- Model Creation-Providence Engineering
- BIM Coordination and Clash Detection
- Virtual Reality
- Facility Management-Providence Engineering
- Field Management Software
Sessions in this Series:
- October 10, 2019: Construction Industry Overview
- November 14, 2019: Project Development & Environmental Decisions
- December 12, 2019: Construction Design Documents & Technical Specifications
- January 16, 2020: Preconstruction & Estimating
- February 13, 2020: Virtual Design & Construction Technology
- March 19, 2020: Construction Risk Management
- April 9, 2020: Construction Agreements & Payments
- May 14, 2020: Project Planning & Execution
- June 11, 2020: Project Compliance & Outside Organizations
Join at any time in cycle and SAVE at the full series rate!
Customize sessions for your company! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Who Should Attend:
Administrators, estimators, project engineers, support staff, accountants, attorneys, project managers, project assistants, those new to construction, career constructors interested in learning new information and those interested in a better understanding of the big picture of the construction process will benefit from this series!
Mike Hopple, Providence Engineering Corp., has experience designing masonry, structural steel, wood and concrete structures for retail, educational, institutional, corporate and industrial facilities. Mike also has experience designing precast/pre-stressed concrete structural components, architectural cladding, and connections for parking structures, office buildings, and mixed-use developments. Along with his design experience, Mike has lead Revit implementation across a multi-discipline design firm and acted as BIM Manager providing Revit training and troubleshooting support.
Ed McCauley, Wohlsen Construction Company, is the Director of IT and leads technology strategy and implementation for Wohlsen Construction. Ed works closely with construction teams to assemble the right mix of technology tools to help the team work smarter and more efficiently.
Preferred registration date: 7 days prior to session date
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received less than 7 days of the start of class cannot be refunded; substitutions are permitted.
Price includes: all course materials, coffee, water and snack for each session
ABC Members may select the option to be invoiced. Non-members will need to please pay at time of registration either via credit card payment online or by calling Michele at the Chapter office: (717) 653-8106.
EIN: 23-1618254 – Contributions or gifts are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible by members as an ordinary, necessary business expense. See your accountant for details.
ABC Keystone Membership can help you advance your business!
Contact Mike Bachman Director of Membership to find out more.
- Michele Cook